Rental, Mortgage & Utility Assistance Program
Criteria and Eligibility
To qualify for the RMU Assistance Program, residents must present the following information:
- Proof that your primary residence is in Missouri City:
- Government issued and valid photo ID
- Most recent utility bill (matching address of residence)
- Valid lease or mortgage statement
- Proof that your pre-COVID-19 household income was less than 120% of the area’s average median income:
- 2019 tax return (1040; 1040ES, etc. - 1st page) and /or
- Most recent pay stub with YTD earnings.
Affirming you are eligible and receiving benefits through ANY of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Head Start or Early Head Start
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Women’s, Infant and Children Program (WIC)
- Federal Pell Grant
- VA Pension or Disability
- Tribal Assistance
Meet the following income guidelines of 120% Average Median Income in the table below:
If your income exceeds these amounts, you are still eligible to apply to the program. Individuals at or below 120% average median income will be prioritized. Please submit these additional documents.
- Proof or certification that you cannot pay rent for October and/or November 2020 due to a loss/reduction of employment or loss of income resulting from the economic impact of COVID-19:
- Proof you have been unable to pay rent in a prior month since April 1, 2020:
- Late notice or eviction notice (if applicable)
- You have not received rental assistance from any other source for the same period of time as requested from this program.
- Your landlord or the mortgage company must agree to participate in the program. Make sure to have your landlord’s full contact information or mortgage company’s address and contact information available to enter and upload.
- The maximum rent or mortgage allowance is $2,000 per month per household.
- The maximum utility allowance is $500 per month.