Code of OrdinancesThe City of Missouri City has a comprehensive Code of Ordinances addressing many issues. The Missouri City Police Department is concerned mostly with ordinances that relate to policing and quality of life issues.
- Alarm systems must be registered; includes an initial and annual renewal fee
- More than five false alarms in a one-year period can result in a fine
- Approximately 95% of alarm calls answered by the department annually are false alarms
- For more information, contact City Hall at 281.403.8500
- A juvenile is defined as any person 17 years old and younger
- Curfew: 11:00 pm Sunday - Thursday; one minute after midnight Friday - Saturday; and 9:00 am - 2:30 pm on school days
- Punishment is at the discretion of the Municipal Court Judge and may be up to a $400 fine
Abandoned / Junked Vehicles
- An abandoned vehicle is defined as any vehicle left unattended on the roadway for a period of 48 hours or longer.
- An abandoned vehicle is subject to towing at the expense of the owner.
- A junked vehicle is defined as any vehicle that is visible at any time of the year from a public place or public right-of-way that has remained inoperable for more than 72 hours and does not have current registration or an inspection certificate.
- The speed limit on all residential streets is 30 miles per hour, unless otherwise posted.
Animals Running at Large
- Please contact the Public Works Animal Control Division by calling 281.403.8707.