Missouri City is proud to be a participant in the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts' Transparency initiative. The goal of the Transparency Star program is to encourage all county and local governments to be transparent in their financial operations. The program is designed to recognize local governments for going above and beyond in their effort to open the doors of their city's operations to the citizens. As a part of this initiative, the "Show Me City" has achieve "stars" in the following areas:
- Traditional Finances
Missouri City strives to be a leader in all that we do. Achieving "stars" will help us to continue to stand out as a leader in financial reporting and open citizen access.
The FY 2018 adopted budget has been prepared in an effort to clearly communicate to the citizens and staff of the City the overall policies and goals of the City Council. The budget document includes descriptions of the various activities and programs (departments) of the City, and comparative service level indicators for each program or activity, where available.
Quarterly Investment Report
To demonstrate our commitment to transparency and compliance with the City’s Investment Policy, Financial Services Department submits a copy of the Investment Report to the Council each quarter. This report includes:
- A detailed description of the investment position of the City at the end of the quarter;
- A summary statement of each pooled fund group that states beginning market value for the quarter, ending market value for the period and fully accrued interest for the period;
- The book value and market value of each separately invested asset at the end of the quarter by the type of asset and fund type invested;
- The maturity date of each separately invested asset that has a maturity date;
- The fund or pooled group fund for which each individual asset was acquired;
- The weighted average yield on each fund or pooled group;
- A signed statement of compliance with the investment strategy established in this Investment Policy and by the Public Funds Investment Act.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) of the City of Missouri City, Texas, is published to provide the City Council, city staff, our citizens, our bondholders, and other interested parties with detailed information concerning the financial condition and activities of the city.
With the goal of achieving greater accountability through transparency, the City of Missouri City has embarked on a mission to empower citizens to track their tax dollars at work. This information provides details about how City funds are spent.
Interactive Transparency Reporting
View financial data as graphs and charts with this interactive tool. It features easy-to-navigate graphics with data organized by category, department, government area, fund and vendor.