To be indispensable to our customers; they should view us as their team of professionals whom they can count on to deliver vitally needed projects and services, on-time and within budget.
ResponsibilitiesThe Public Works Department:
- Coordinates Utilities (to find out who the Water Company is in your area)
- Maintains a robust GIS with applications, interactive and static maps as well as data accumulation and analysis for the City and its ETJ.
- Facilitates development by working closely with related departments
- Maintains the City's Infrastructure Design Manual and Detail Sheets
- Maintains the City's Traffic Control Devices
- Maintains the Surface Water Treatment Plant Process Flow Diagram
- Maintains a robust Fleet operation and management of over 300 vehicles and pieces of equipment
- Performs Project Management services for Projects in Our Area
- Provides Animal Control services including Adoptions
- Manages the Mosquito Spraying
- Maintains sidewalks within the City Right of Way, see Sidewalk Policy for further information Sidewalk Release Form
- Performs First Responder responsibilities in unison with Public Safety including traffic and drainage control and management.
- Provides electrical, plumbing, mechanical and HVAC system maintenance and monitoring with the Facility Maintenance team.
- Design Guideline Drawings