MissionThe mission of the Animal Control Division is to:
- Assure that all proper vaccinations have been administered
- Provide enforcement of municipal and state laws regarding animal control
- Provide for the registration of all dogs and cats within the city
- Provide temporary care and housing for impounded animals
- Respond effectively and efficiently to all animal bite cases
- Test for rabies when warranted
TrappingAnimal Control provides humane live traps for trapping small nuisasnce wildlife and stray animals. Traps are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please fill out the Trap Request Form. Please call before you come by to assure there is a trap available.
If you witness animal cruelty, please report it to either of the following authorities:
Report Animal Cruelty
- Crime Stoppers - (281) 342-8477 or (713) 222-8477
- Missouri City Police Department - (281) 403-8700
Shelter HoursThe shelter hours of operation are by appointment only. Please call (281) 403-8707 to schedule an appointment.
Did You Know?
- Missouri City city ordinance requires all dogs and cats over the age of four (4) months to be vaccinated every year for rabies.
- City ordinance requires all dogs and cats over the age of four (4) months to be registered with Missouri City Animal Control.
- City ordinance allows for any dog or cat not showing evidence of being vaccinated or city registration to be subject to impound by the Animal Control Division.
- Any person in Missouri City who owns and houses a dog that has received "guard dog training" must register the animal with the Animal Control Division.
- It is unlawful for any person to allow their dog to run at large.
- There is no park within the Missouri City city limits that permits dogs to run at large.
- Missouri City ordinance limits the number of dogs and cats to be kept in an owners possession at one time. You may have 4 animals per household.