(Effective May 7, 2023. This pay scale is subject to change by official action of the City Council.)
(Pay is for highest level held.)
- Intermediate: $50.00/month
- Advanced: $100.00/month
- Master: $150.00/month
- Instructor: $50.00/month
(Can have multiple Assignment Pays.)
|Bilingual||Up to $75.00/month|
(Pay is for highest degree earned. Must show proof of degree or certified transcript from accredited college or university.)
- Associate’s: $50.00/month
- Bachelor’s: $100.00/month
- Master’s: $150.00/month
- Less than 15 years of service: 18 days earned per year
- 15 years of service or more: 20 days earned per year
Maximum accrual that may be maintained is two times the annual rate.
15 days of sick leave earned per year that can be accumulated without limit.
Insurance and Retirement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available to employees and their dependents
- Flexible Spending Account – Can be used to pay IRS-approved medical care expenses not covered by insurance (e.g., co-pays for doctors’ visits and prescriptions, prescription glasses, contact lenses, etc.) with pre-tax dollars.
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance provided by the City at no additional cost.
- Voluntary (additional) life and AD&D insurance available
- Participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) – Statewide retirement system, 7% employee contribution, City contributes 2 to 1 matching
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan available