- Public Works
- Animal Services
- Pet Registration & Fees
Pet Registration & Fees
City ordinance requires that all dogs and cats over the age of 4 months be vaccinated every year for rabies and registered with Missouri City Animal Services.
- Must have receipt of vaccination
- Licenses are valid for 1 year from the date of vaccination
Residents are required to fill out the Pet Registration Form and submit it along with proof of vaccinations and proof of sterilization and microchip if applicable. As mentioned on the registration form, citizens may submit the form and supporting documents via the following options:
By Mail: Enclose check or money order for registration with appropriate fees, valid rabies certificate, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
Missouri City Animal Services
Attn: Animal Registration
1923 Scanlin Rd.
Missouri City, TX 77489
Online: Residents may also submit the paperwork online. Email Animal Services with subject line "Pet Registration". Staff will respond via email with more details and payment options.
In Person: Residents may come by the Animal Services facility located at 1923 Scanlin Rd. to complete the process and pickup their tags. Walk-ins are accepted, however appointments will ensure quicker service.
|For Non-Sterilized Animals|
|Registration with Microchipping for 1st year||$25||$35|
|Transfer of Ownership||$0|
|Hearing/Vision Impaired Trained Animal||$0|
|Law Enforcement Trained Animal||$0|
|Dog Declared Dangerous by City||$100|
- Missouri City ordinance limits the number of dogs and cats to four animals per household.
- Any person in Missouri City who owns and houses a dog that has received guard dog training must register the animal with the Animal Services Division.
- It is unlawful for any person to allow their dog to run at large. There is no park within the city limits that permits dogs to run at large.
- But, Kitty Hollow Park, 9555 Hwy. 6 which is outside city limits and is managed by Fort Bend County does have a Bark Park.