Victim Assistance Program
The Missouri City Police Department’s Crime Victim Assistance Program’s goal is to ensure that the rights of victims are observed and to provide crisis intervention, information, education and referrals to help alleviate the short and long term effects of mental and/or physical trauma experienced from a crime.
How Can We Help?
Crime Victim Services can provide assistance and resources to our citizens and victims of reported offenses. Some common offenses are:
Assault, Family Violence or Domestic Violence, Child Sexual Assault, Child Abuse, Adult Sexual Assault, Elder Abuse, Human Trafficking, Robbery and Homicide.
Crime Victim Liaison
The Missouri City Police Department’s Crime Victim Liaison can help victims or witnesses with:
- Knowing your rights and your role within the criminal justice system.
- Personal advocacy/accompaniment and support throughout the criminal justice system process.
- On scene crisis intervention.
- Completing and submitting documents for Crime Victim Compensation.
- Safety Planning
- Information and referrals to community based organizations and shelters.
- Crime Scene Clean-Up referrals.
- Legal Aid Referrals.
- Counseling Referrals.
- Protective Order Process
- Information on case status
- Assistance with property return.
Crime Victim Compensation
The Texas Crime Victims Compensation Fund is available to innocent victims of crime and can reimburse for medical, dental, relocation, loss of earning, childcare, funeral expenses, crime scene cleanup and more.
Please reach out to the Crime Victim Liaison to discuss the eligibility requirements and to help with the application process.
Crime Victim Rights
Contacts & Resources
- Missouri City Police Department Non-Emergency Line | 281.403.8700
- Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office | 281.341.4460
- Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office – Protective Orders | 281.341.4480
- Fort Bend County Case Records
- Office of the Attorney General Crime Victims Compensation Program | 1.800.983.9933
- VineLink (Victim Notification Network)
- Fort Bend County COVID-19 Resources
Houston Shelter Directory
- Fort Bend County Women's Center
- Richmond, TX
- Houston Area Women's Center
- Houston, TX
- 713.528.2121 (Domestic Violence)
- 713.528.7273 (Sexual Assault)
- Fort Bend Family Promise - Overnight Only
- Missouri City, TX 77459
- A & M Senior Village, Inc (Men Only Age 45+)
- Houston, TX 77053
- Covenant House Texas (Youth Shelter)
- Houston, TX 77006
- Star of Hope - Men's Development Center
- Houston, TX 77081
- Star of Hope - Women & Family Emergency Shelter
- Houston, TX 77003
- Mission of Yahweh
- Houston, TX 77041
- Bay Area Turning Point
- Webster, TX 77598
- Montgomery County Women's Center
- Spring, TX
- Women's Center of Brazoria County
- Alvin, TX
- Women's Resource & Crisis Center
- Resource & Crisis Center of Galveston County (Women & Children)
24 Hour Crisis Helplines
- Fort Bend County Women’s Center
- 24 Hour Helpline
- Houston Area Women’s Center (HAWC)
- 24 Hour Helpline
- Domestic Violence: 713.528.2121
- Sexual Assault: 713.528.7273
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 800.799.7233 or text LOVEIS to 866.331.9474 if you cannot safely speak.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- Texana Behavioral Crisis Hotline
- FBISD Talkline (Students, Parents, Staff)
- 281.240.8255(TALK) OR Text the word SPEAK to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line
- 1.800.273.8255 OR Text
*The Missouri City Police Department complies with applicable federal and state civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, or spousal affiliation in offering or providing services to victims.