Permits & Inspections
The Development Services Department, Permit and Inspection Division supports the city’s mission in the following ways:
- Create value added service – The division’s processes facilitate and enhance the private construction investments being made in the community
- Develop and organize for optimal performance – The division will cooperate with other city departments to ensure timely review of applications and completion of construction projects
- Retain existing property values – Strict, yet fair, enforcement of building codes protects each individual’s property value and investment in the community
- Increase commercial development – Streamlined processes facilitate timely development that benefits the city’s tax base and creates jobs for residents
Description of Operations
The Permits and Inspections Division is responsible for receiving applications, reviewing plans, and issuing permits for a variety of construction activities that require a permit per city ordinances. Examples of permits include building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and major construction improvement permits.
The division also:
- Administers the city’s General Contractor Registration Program
- Processes alarm permit applications and renewals
- Processes the applications for the city’s Residential Rental Registration Program
- Serves as an information center for the public regarding codes and other related ordinances
- Utilizes the 2015 International Building Code
For general permit and inspection questions or to speak with staff, please contact the Permits & Inspections Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (281) 403-8600 during hours of operation.
Certain permit applications and status updates are also available 24-7 using the city’s online permit system, Citizen Self Service (CSS).
For assistance in setting up an account and all services provided, view Missouri City CSS User Guide.