Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program was authorized under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, and is a program administered through HUD.
Cities that receive funding through the CDBG program are considered Entitlement Cities and are responsible for assuring that all funded eligible activities meets one of three national objectives:
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight
- Benefit low to moderate income persons
- Meet an urgent need
The city uses CDBG funds to provide programs geared toward assisting low and moderate-income persons for the provision of decent housing, a suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunity.
Programs funded through the city’s CDBG program must meet HUD’s national objectives and criteria to be eligible. The City adopts a 5-year Consolidated Plan; an Annual Action Plan; and a Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Review to monitor and evaluate the city’s administration of CDBG funds.
- DRAFT PY 2019 Annual Action Plan CARES Act amendment #2
- PY 2019 Annual Action Plan CARES Act summary of funding
- PY 2019 Annual Action Plan CARES Act amendment
- PY19 Annual Action Plan
- 2019 - 2023 Consolidated Plan
- 2019 - 2023 Citizen Participation Plan
- 2019-2023 Consolidated Plan Input Survey: English | Spanish
If you have questions about the city’s CDBG funding or program activities, please contact the Community Development Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.