Floyd Emery has been married for more than 58 years to his wife, Linda. They have been homeowners in Quail Valley for more than 40 years, where they raised their two sons, Brian and Dennis.
Councilmember Emery retired from Halliburton in 1999 and was employed by Baroid/Dresser/Halliburton for 47 years of service prior to his early retirement. During his tenure, he achieved a successful business career excelling in the management and directorship of Information Technology, Finance and Human Resources.
Councilmember Emery continues to have extensive involvement in various Missouri City and Quail Valley community service organizations. This includes QV Proud as its past president, Citizens for Missouri City’s Future as its president, an active member of the QV Exchange Club, and as chair of the Missouri City Police Officers Association annual benefit golf tournament.
Councilmember Emery is the 2017 H-GAC Chairman Elect to the Community Involvement Committee.
Floyd Emery was elected as the District D City Councilmember on May 14, 2011.
Current City Council Committee Memberships
- Finances and Services Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- High Performance Organization Committee
- Public Safety and Technology Committee
Previous City Council Committee Memberships
- Community Development Advisory Committee
- Community Relations
- Comprehensive Plan
- Developer Relations (Chair)
- Drainage / Utility
- Solid Waste Committee
- Ordinances, Resolutions, Elections and Council Governance Review
- Livable Community Committee