Junior Tennis Program
Missouri City Parks & Recreation is proud to offer a Junior Tennis Program in partnership with King Daddy Sports to serve the local community. Tennis is a sport of a lifetime that enhances fitness, problem solving ability and social skills, all while having fun and making new friends.
We offer classes for all ages and all levels from after-school tennis programs to special weekend clinics. Students participating in our junior program will be placed in appropriate classes based on their respective ability levels. Our teaching pros will assign students after completing an individual assessment of their tennis fundamentals.
SESSION 1: January 3 – January 26
SESSION 2: January 31 – February 23
SESSION 3: February 28 – March 30 (Spring Break Camp 3/13 - 3/17)
SESSION 4: April 4 – April 27
SESSION 5: May 2 – May 25
This class is designed for players that are ready to compete and/or are already competing in USTA Tournaments and high school varsity players looking to work hard on improving their game. The training will be focused on developing the all court player with a mix of dead ball feeding and live ball training.
11 & Up Beginner/Intermediate
This green and yellow ball program is designed for players striving to compete for USTA tournaments and those interested in playing middle school/high-school tennis. Players will be grouped by competition level within the class.
- Class Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Session Cost:
- $159/$179 residents/non-resident one day per week
- $259/$279 residents/non-resident two days per week
10 & Under
This class is designed for students ages 4-10 years of age. Players are grouped by age and skill level. This a non-tournament ready class. Low compression Red and Orange balls will be use to provide a positive learning experience.
- Class times: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:00 - 6:30 pm
- Session Cost:
- $109/$129 residents/non-resident day per week
- $179/$209 residents/non-resident two days per week
Drop in Cost
- $50 Academy or 11 & Up
- Beginner/Intermediate $39 10 & Under
- 10:30 - 12:00 pm
- Cost: $109/$129 resident/non-resident or $39 drop in per class
Inclement Weather & Make-Up Classes
- All tennis classes will be canceled if the wind chill is below 45 degrees.
- Call the front desk at 281.403.8637 if you have any doubt if classes will be held on that day.
- When it does rain, make ups will be made by attending a class on another day. To attend a make-up class please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weather Cancellation – the moment a decision is made to cancel, we will be sending notice through text. If we have not made an announcement, you can assume the class is still on as scheduled.
Make-Up Class Policy for Junior Tennis
- Please note that we do not offer makeups, credits, refunds, carryovers, for no-shows, same day cancellations or missed classes.
- We do offer the students who have registered for full session programs one (1) make-up class during, or at the end of, the current session in lieu of a make up for any one (1) missed class.
- To qualify for this one (1) make-up class per session, the notice of a student’s absence must be given at least 24 hours in advance of the absence.
- Spaces in make-up classes are limited and not guaranteed, and are subject to availability.
- We are unable to accommodate credits, refunds, or carryovers if you are unable to attend the provided makeup class opportunity or miss more than 1 class. Make-ups cannot be provided for same-day cancelations, no-shows, late cancelations, and/or any other make-up request outside of our make-up policy.