City Secretary's Department
The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by and responsible to the mayor and City Council. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and the City Charter. The City Secretary serves as director to the City Secretary's Office.
The mission of the City Secretary’s Office is to support, facilitate and strengthen the City of Pearland governmental process by:
- Assisting the City Council in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities;
- Improving public access to municipal records and other information;
- Enhancing public participation in municipal government processes;
- Safeguarding and enriching the municipal election and records management processes;
- Providing continuity for Missouri City's city government by recording its legislative actions, both contemporary and archival, and serving as historian for the City;
- Providing daily assistance to all administrative departments of the City of Missouri City government.
Like many other cities, the City Secretary’s Office serves as a resource for citizens and a link between citizens and the City organization. The City Secretary's Office has several functional areas of responsibility: