- City Administration
- Economic Development Director
Economic Development Director
Herman Rodriguez is a business and community development professional with more than 20 years of experience within both industries. Rodriguez commenced his professional career in 1999, at Wells Fargo while working in commercial banking, volunteering for financial literacy and down payment assistance programs. He transitioned to municipal government in 2013, when hired to spearhead a $70 million-dollar commercial development project while retaining compliance of an emerging economic development program, the USCIS EB-5 Visa Program, in greater Corpus Christi, TX.
Before joining the City of Missouri City, Director Rodriguez served in multiple municipal roles to include Economic Development Director, City Secretary and City Manager. Some of his noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Citgo’s Latino Leader of the Coastal Bend
- Keynote Speaker for the American GI Forum National Conference in San Antonio, TX
- Inspiring Hispanic Leader of the Coastal Bend (Bus Wrap) awarded by Corpus Christi Regional Transit Authority
- Greater Houston Business Ethics Roundtable Scholarship Award
- Executive of the Year, Latin Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Houston/Camara De Empresarios Latinos De Houston
- “Best of the Best in Western Nueces County” Person of the Year 2019.
Director Rodriguez earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Texas A&M University at College Station and completed his MBA from Houston Christian University, formerly known as Houston Baptist University. He is currently working on a dissertation to complete his Doctorate in Educational Leadership at Texas A&M University – Kingsville with an emphasis on communication between school districts and municipalities.
Rodriguez considers himself a public servant leader and lifelong student of business, finance, and leadership.