The mission of the Legal Division is the mission of the City of Missouri City—to deliver superior customer service to the City.
Description of Duties
The duties of the city attorney's office include the following:
- Serve as the legal advisor of, and the attorney for, all of the offices and departments of the city, and various boards and commissions;
- Draft and review ordinance, contracts, and legal instruments in which the city may have an interest;
- Manage litigation and other matters handled by outside legal counsel;
- Prosecute cases in municipal court; and
- Perform other duties prescribed by this Charter, ordinance, or as directed by council.