Know Your Flood Risk
Floodplain Management is the operation of a community program of corrective and preventative measures for reducing flood damage. These measures take a variety of forms and generally include requirements for zoning, subdivision or building, and special-purpose floodplain ordinances.
Property owners in high risk flooding areas may want to secure additional flood insurance coverage. Property owners in lower risk areas may still experience flooding due to possible localized floods. Other expenses associated with hurricanes may be windstorm damages, debris removal, and new landscaping after severe weather events.
- Brazos River Authority
- FEMA App (Features in the App – Disaster Safety Tips, Interactice Emergency Kit Lits, Storable Emergency Meeting Locations, Open Shelters, Open FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers, Disaster Reporter)
- Flood prevention
- Missouri City Ready
- National Weather Service
- National Hurricane Center
- United States Geological Survey
- FEMA website FAQs
- General flood related questions
- Letter of Map Change (LOMC) related questions
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)