Missouri City Animal Services is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of all people and animals in our community through enforcement of state and local laws and by providing compassionate care for every animal within the city’s animal shelter.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Assuring that all proper medical treatment have been administered.
- Facilitating registration of dogs and cats within the city.
- Providing temporary housing and humane care and treatment for all shelter animals.
- Assisting in re-uniting lost pets with their owners.
- Responding effectively and efficiently to all animal bite cases.
- Providing spay/neuter services to reduce pet overpopulation and heartworm testing prior to adoption.
- Creating collaborative partnerships and training with outside agencies, rescue groups, and volunteers to promote adoptions and reduce euthanasia rate(s).
Animal Services provides humane live traps for trapping small nuisance wildlife and stray animals. Traps are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please fill out the Trap Request Form (PDF) and calling before stopping by the Animal Shelter to reserve a trap is recommended.
Report Animal Cruelty
If you witness animal cruelty, please report it to Crime Stoppers at 281.342.8477 or 713.222.8477.
Please call 281.403.8707 to schedule an appointment to visit the Animal Shelter.
Did You Know?
- Missouri City city ordinance requires all dogs and cats over the age of four (4) months to be vaccinated every year for rabies.
- City ordinance requires all dogs and cats over the age of four (4) months to be registered with Missouri City Animal Services.
- City ordinance allows for any dog or cat not showing evidence of being vaccinated or city registration to be subject to impound by the Animal Services Division.
- Any person in Missouri City who owns and houses a dog that has received "guard dog training" must register the animal with the Animal Services Division.
- It is unlawful for any person to allow their dog to run at large.
- There is no park within the Missouri City city limits that permits dogs to run at large.
- Missouri City ordinance limits the number of dogs and cats to be kept in an owners possession at one time. You may have 4 animals per household.
- Missouri City’s Animal Services does not accept owner turn-ins, per city ordinance.