Updated: Aug. 3, 2020
In accordance with the Texas Election Code, the City will hold a General and Special Election on Tuesday, Nov. 3. The positions on the ballot for the General Election are for Mayor, At-Large Position 1 and At-Large Position 2. And, the Special Election will include a proposition providing for or against the adoption of the firefighters’ and police officers’ civil service law.
The first day to file for a place on the ballot for the General Election is Saturday, July 18; however, applications will start being accepted the next regular business day – Monday, July 20 starting at 8 a.m. There is no filing fee to submit a candidate application to the City.
Due to the increasing positive COVID-19 cases in the region, the City Hall Lobby is still closed to the public. To ensure the safety of the citizens and staff, all candidates are to choose one of the following options to submit their applications.
Drop Box at City Hall, 1522 Texas Pkwy.:
Candidates may place their application in the drop box by the City Hall front lobby door (see image for reference). Once documents are dropped off, please call the City Secretary’s Office at 281.403.8687, 281.403.8686 or 281.403.8689 so that a team member may come and receive the documents. Items will only be collected from the box between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Candidates may mail their applications addressed to: City Secretary’s Office, 1522 Texas Pkwy., Missouri City, Texas 77489. An application filed by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the city secretary.
Candidates may also fax their applications to 281.403.8699.
Candidates may also email their applications to CSO@missouricitytx.gov.
A few other key dates to note:
- Monday, Aug. 17: Last day to file an application for a place on the ballot (Must be received by 5:00 p.m.).
- Friday, Aug. 21: Last day for a write-in candidate to declare candidacy.
- Monday, Aug. 24: Last day for a ballot candidate and write-in candidate to withdraw from the election and have name removed (Must submit certificate of withdrawal in writing no later than 5:00 p.m.).
- Sunday, Sept. 13: First day candidate political signs may be posted.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: First day for early voting by personal appearance.
- Friday, Oct. 30: Last day of early voting by personal appearance.
- Friday, Nov. 6: Last day candidate political signs must be removed.
The term of office for these positions is two years: November 2020 to November 2022. To learn more about the MCTX 2020 Elections and access the election packet, visit the City website via this link: http://bit.ly/2HAO1oi.
For additional information or if you have any questions regarding these elections, please contact City Secretary Maria Jackson at email@example.com or 281.403.8686.
For more information about Missouri City, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).