MCTX City Manager Odis Jones is proposing lowering the tax rate and an approximately $151 million dollar Fiscal Year 2021 Budget that would be the first adoption of an effective tax rate since 2013 at $0.598035 and a number of strategic initiatives that City Council will review for approval in September.
The Budget includes the following initiatives and many more:
- Public Health Emergency Compensation for first responders;
- An MCTX Revolving Loan Program for small business development and COVID-19 recovery;
- Funding for the citywide sidewalk program, which will complete the current five-year schedule in one year;
- Enhancements for the public safety apparatus; specifically, upgrades to the radio room and other needed infrastructure;
- Funding for Fire Station 6 that will expand City Fire services;
- Investment in Smart Cities initiatives that will allow the City to be more technologically advanced;
- Investment in new technologies within the City that will increase staff morale, customer service and employee productivity;
- Implementation of Lean Six Sigma processes that will increase organizational efficiencies and drive down organizational costs;
- Economic Development investments in the Texas Parkway and Cartwright Road Corridors to encourage business and economic growth;
- Investments in road and traffic signals repairs that will improve traffic safety; and more
“Our staff did a tremendous job working diligently to create this no-new-revenue tax rate,” said City Manager Jones. “Financial transparency is something we as a City take seriously and this property tax rate will ensure that operations continue at the highest possible level to create a better quality of life for our outstanding residents.”
For more information about Missouri City, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).