At their Tuesday, Sept. 8 Virtual Regular Meeting, Councilmembers held a public hearing to receive comments for or against a request for a specific use permit authorizing the use of an approximate 20-acre tract of land zoned as SD suburban district to provide for the development of a place of assembly for a proposed Fort Bend Independent School District elementary school site; authorized the purchase of four new police vehicles; and authorized the city manager to negotiate and execute an agreement for grant program services. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations and Recognitions:
- Proclaimed the month of September as “Cancer Awareness Month” in Missouri City, Texas.
- Proclaimed the month of September as “National Preparedness Month” in Missouri City, Texas.
- Approved the minutes of the special and regular City Council meetings of Aug. 17, 2020.
- Approved an ordinance amending Chapter 62, Municipal Court, of the Missouri City Code; providing duties for the presiding judge.
- Authorized the City Manager to approve a contract for city-wide fire protection equipment services.
- Authorized an interlocal agreement with the North Central Texas Council of Governments for cooperative purchasing.
Public Hearings and Related Actions:
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against a request for a specific use permit authorizing the use of an approximate 20-acre tract of land zoned as SD suburban district to provide for the development of a place of assembly for a proposed Fort Bend Independent School District elementary school site. The subject site is located at the northeast corner of Knights Court and Thompson Ferry Road, north of Stonebrook at Riverstone, north and west of FBISD Elkins High School and east of Creekstone Village at Riverstone residential subdivision. Council authorized the request for the permit.
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against the extension of the City of Missouri City, Texas Reinvestment zone Number Two (TIRZ 2) to 2049. Council approved the extension.
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against an amendment to the City of Missouri City, Texas Reinvestment Zone Number Two (TIRZ 2) Project and Financing Plan. Council approved the amendment.
- Authorized the purchase of four new police vehicles.
- Authorized the replacement of two totaled patrol vehicles.
- Authorized the execution of an amendment to the participation agreement with Fort Bend County for City of Missouri City, Texas Reinvestment Zone Number Two (TIRZ 2).
- Authorized the acceptance of a deed conveying certain land for the construction, maintenance and operation of Fire Station No. 6 from Palmetto/WIHA FB107, LP, a Texas limited partnership, pursuant to the grantor’s development agreement with the City.
- Authorized the city manager to execute the CARES Act Interlocal Agreement with Harris County.
- Authorized the city manager to negotiate and execute an agreement for grant program services.
- Approved an ordinance amending the City of Missouri City Personnel Policy; amending drug testing policies for certain employees.
- Approved an ordinance authorizing the crediting of updated service credits in the Texas Municipal Retirement System for certain City of Missouri City employees; providing for increased annuities for certain City of Missouri City retirees and beneficiaries of deceased retirees.
- Approved a resolution granting consent to Brazoria-Fort Bend Counties Municipal Utility District No. 3 to annex approximately 96.11 acres of land situated, in part, within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Missouri City.
- Approved a resolution amending the City’s Financial Policy by adding an interfund loan policy.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Valley View Consulting for investment advisory services.
The next Regular City Council Meeting will be hosted virtually on Monday, Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. and it may be watched via MCTV live stream on the City’s website here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all Special City Council Meetings and to review the minutes, please visit here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/407/City-Council.
Citizens who would like to participate in the “Public Comments” section have the option to either share their comments in writing or speak during the Zoom meeting. Any person interested must notify the City by one of the following methods before 4 p.m. on the day of the City Council meeting:
Once a resident signs up for public comments, he or she will be contacted by the City Secretary’s office with further details on how to login for the meeting. Residents are advised not to share the Zoom invitation with others, as only those who are signed up for public comments, presenters, staff and council will be allowed access to the meeting.
Residents who wish to listen or watch the meeting may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more information about Missouri City, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store.)