At their Monday, Sept. 21 Virtual Regular Meeting, Councilmembers held a public hearing and approved the budget for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021; approved an ordinance providing for the assessment, levy, and collection of ad valorem taxes for the City of Missouri City, Texas, for the tax year 2020 and for each year thereafter until otherwise provided; and authorized the purchase of air regulators. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
- Approved the minutes of the special and regular City Council meetings of Sept. 8, 2020.
- Authorized the extension of the City of Missouri City, Texas Reinvestment Zone Number Two (TIRZ 2) to 2049.
- Approved an ordinance authorizing an amendment to the City of Missouri City, Texas Reinvestment Zone Number Two (TIRZ 2) Project and Financing Plan.
- Approved an ordinance amending the City of Missouri City Personnel Policy; amending drug testing policies for certain employees.
- Approved an ordinance authorizing the crediting of updated service credits in the Texas Municipal Retirement System for certain City of Missouri City employees; providing for increased annuities for certain City of Missouri City retirees and beneficiaries of deceased retirees.
- Authorized the renewal of a depository contract.
- Authorized a request for the waiver of penalty and interest.
- Approved an ordinance for a specific use permit authorizing the use of an approximate 20-acre tract of land zoned as SD suburban district to provide for the development of a place of assembly for a proposed Fort Bend Independent School District (FBISD) elementary school site.
- Held a public hearing on the approval and adoption of the budget for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1, 2020, and ending Sept. 30, 2021. Council approved the budget. To learn more about the budget, click here: https://bit.ly/33QWNJV.
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against an amendment to the strategic partnership agreements between the City of Missouri City, Texas, and Sienna Municipal Utility District Numbers 1, 5, 6, and 7, respectively, to provide for fire protection services. Council approved the amendment.
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against an annexation for the limited purpose of providing fire protection services to Sienna Municipal Utility District Numbers 1, 5, 6, and 7, respectively. Council approved the annexation.
- Considered nominating and casting votes for candidates to the Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool (TMLIRP) Board of Trustees. Council voted to delay the appointments until the Monday, Sept. 28 Special meeting.
- Authorized the corridor enhancements monument signs construction contract.
- Authorized the purchase of air regulators.
- Authorized the negotiation and execution of a bed maintenance contract.
- Approved an ordinance providing for the assessment, levy, and collection of ad valorem taxes for the City of Missouri City, Texas, for the tax year 2020 and for each year thereafter until otherwise provided; providing the date on which such taxes shall be due and timely paid; and authorizing an additional penalty for the collection of delinquent ad valorem taxes in lieu of recovering attorneys’ fees.
- Approved a resolution establishing certain programs to address the COVID-19 pandemic, authorizing the use of city funds for such programs.
- Approved a resolution amending the utility schedule of fees.
- Consider a resolution authorizing the city manager to negotiate and execute licenses for locating mobile food units (food trucks) on certain City of Missouri property. This item was removed from the agenda.
The next Regular City Council Meeting will be hosted virtually on Monday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m. and it may be watched via MCTV live stream on the City’s website here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all Special City Council Meetings and to review the minutes, please visit here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/407/City-Council.
Citizens who would like to participate in the “Public Comments” section, have the option to either share their comments in writing or speak during the Zoom meeting. Any person interested, must notify the City by one of the following methods before 4 p.m. on the day of the City Council meeting:
- Email or call the City Secretary at CSO@missouricitytx.gov or 281-403-8686
- Submit a public comment form to the City Secretary by clicking this link: https://bit.ly/39pw73Q.
Once a resident signs up for public comments, he or she will be contacted by the City Secretary’s office with further details on how to login for the meeting. Residents are advised not to share the Zoom invitation with others, as only those who are signed up for public comments, presenters, staff and council will be allowed access to the meeting.
Residents who wish to listen or watch the meeting may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more information about Missouri City, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store.)