At their Monday, Oct. 5 Virtual Regular Meeting, Councilmembers authorized the use of CARES Act funds on the submitted project list; authorized the negotiation and execution of a contract for civil service legal services; approved an ordinance directing the mayor to release the City of Missouri City’s interest in a drainage easement located north of Highway 6, south of Trammel Fresno Road, east of Fort Bend Parkway, and west of a Houston Lighting and Power Company easement. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
- Proclaimed the week of October 4-10, 2020, as “Fire Prevention Week” in the City of Missouri City, Texas.
- Proclaimed the month of October as “National Community Planning Month” in the City of Missouri City, Texas.
- Approved the minutes of the special and regular City Council meetings of Sept. 21, 2020 and the special City Council meeting of Sept. 28, 2020.
- Approved the designation of acting city managers pursuant to Section 4.01.E of the City Charter of the City of Missouri City, Texas.
- Authorized an interlocal agreement with Fort Bend County for City Hall Drive reconstruction.
- Authorized the purchase of Emergency Operations Center equipment.
- Authorized an amendment to the strategic partnership agreements for Sienna Municipal Utility District Numbers 1, 5, 6, and 7, respectively for the provision of fire protection services.
- Authorized the negotiation and execution of a contract for civil service legal services.
- Ratified the city manager’s decision to submit concerns regarding public, educational, and government (“PEG”) fund expenses to the district attorney’s office and requesting an investigation.
- Authorized the use of CARES Act funds on the submitted project list.
- Approved an ordinance directing the mayor to release the City of Missouri City’s interest in a drainage easement located north of Highway 6, south of Trammel Fresno Road, east of Fort Bend Parkway, and west of a Houston Lighting and Power Company easement.
- Approved a resolution providing the utility schedule of fees.
The next Regular City Council Meeting will be hosted virtually on Monday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. and it may be watched via MCTV live stream on the City’s website here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all Special City Council Meetings and to review the minutes, please visit here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/407/City-Council.
Citizens who would like to participate in the “Public Comments” section, have the option to either share their comments in writing or speak during the Zoom meeting. Any person interested, must notify the City by one of the following methods before 4 p.m. on the day of the City Council meeting:
- Email or call the City Secretary at CSO@missouricitytx.gov or 281-403-8686
- Submit a public comment form to the City Secretary by clicking this link: https://bit.ly/39pw73Q.
Once a resident signs up for public comments, he or she will be contacted by the City Secretary’s office with further details on how to login for the meeting. Residents are advised not to share the Zoom invitation with others, as only those who are signed up for public comments, presenters, staff and council will be allowed access to the meeting.
Residents who wish to listen or watch the meeting may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more information about Missouri City, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store.)