At their Monday, Oct. 19 Virtual Regular Meeting, Councilmembers awarded the contracts for 2021 employee benefits; authorized the purchase of a new street sweeper truck and other replacement vehicles in Fiscal Year 2021; approved a resolution authorizing the submission of grant application through the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department for the enhancement of outdoor recreation programs. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
- Fire Chief Eugene Campbell presented the MCTX Fire & Rescue Services Annual Report.
- Approved the minutes of the special and regular City Council meetings of Oct. 5, 2020.
- Approved an ordinance directing the mayor to release the City of Missouri City’s interest in a drainage easement located north of Highway 6, south of Trammel Fresno Road, east of Fort Bend Parkway, and west of a Houston Lighting and Power Company easement.
Public Hearings and Related Actions:
- Held a public hearing on Program Year 2019 Annual Action Plan Amendment, Community Development Block Grant-CARES Act. Council approved a motion allowing the funds for the program.
- Awarded contract for the 2021 employee benefits.
- Authorized the purchase of a new street sweeper truck.
- Authorized the purchase of replacement vehicles in Fiscal Year 2021.
- Authorized the purchase of two new vehicles for the Fire Marshal’s office.
- Authorized the execution of an amendment to the strategic partnership agreement with Sienna MUD No. 1 for the provision of fire protection services.
- Authorized the mayor to sign the Fort Bend Business Parkway Phase 2 final plat.
- Approved an ordinance annexing Sienna Municipal Utility District Numbers 1, 5, 6, and 7 for the limited purpose of providing fire protection services.
- Council considered an ordinance amending Chapter 2, Administration, of the Missouri City Code; providing rules of ethics for the Mayor, Councilmembers, the city manager, the city attorney, and the city secretary; and establishing an ethics commission. The motion for approval failed.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the submission of grant application through the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department for the enhancement of outdoor recreation programs.
- Approved a resolution authorizing the submission of the Click It or Ticket Grant application.
The next Regular City Council Meeting will be hosted virtually on Monday, Nov. 2 at 7 p.m. and it may be watched via MCTV Livestream.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all Special City Council Meetings and to review the minutes, please Click Here.
Citizens who would like to participate in the “Public Comments” section, have the option to either share their comments in writing or speak during the Zoom meeting. Any person interested, must notify the City by one of the following methods before 4 p.m. on the day of the City Council meeting:
- Email or call the City Secretary at CSO@missouricitytx.gov or 281-403-8686
- Submit a public comment form to the City Secretary by clicking this link: Submit Form.
Once a resident signs up for public comments, he or she will be contacted by the City Secretary’s office with further details on how to login for the meeting. Residents are advised not to share the Zoom invitation with others, as only those who are signed up for public comments, presenters, staff and council will be allowed access to the meeting.
Residents who wish to listen or watch the meeting may access the livestream on the City website via this link: MCTV Livestream.
For more information about Missouri City, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store.)