At their Monday, July 19 In-Person Regular Meeting in the Community Center, Councilmembers administered the oath-of-office to certain members of the City’s boards, committees, and commissions; recognized Assistant Director of Public Works Todd Hoover for his continuing focus on excellence in service to the residents; and authorized the execution of an amendment to the management agreement between the City and the Missouri City Recreation & Leisure Local Government Corporation for the management of the City’s hotel occupancy tax program. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations & Recognitions
- Administered the oath-of-office to certain members of the Missouri City Parks Board, Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustments & Appeals.
- Recognized Assistant Director of Public Works Todd Hoover for his continuing focus on excellence in service to the residents of the City.
- Approved the minutes of the Special and Regular City Council Meetings of July 6.
- Accepted a report concerning impact fees and the impact fee capital improvement plans from the Capital Improvements Advisory Committee.
- Authorized the execution of an amendment agreement increasing the term and expanding the scope for removal and hauling of bio-sludge from water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Authorized the negotiation and execution of amendments to agreements for additional sidewalk construction and repair projects.
- Authorized the execution of contracts for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program housing rehabilitation services.
- Authorized the execution of an amendment to increase funding for certain third-party reviewer contracts for zoning code, fire code, and building code reviews.
- Authorized a change order for the design of a park located within the Parks Edge subdivision.
Public Hearings & Related Actions
Zoning Public Hearings and Ordinances
- Considered an ordinance to zone an approximate 35.29-acre tract of land to PD, Planned Development District No. 112 to allow for a mixed-use development, including single-family residential rental units with commercial development; providing a penalty; and containing other provisions relating to the subject. The subject property is located north of the Fort Bend Parkway Toll road, south of State Highway 6, east of the Oakwick Estates residential subdivision, west of a commercial area including Firestone Auto Care and Kroger. The ordinance was approved on the second and final reading.
Public Hearings and Ordinances
- Held a public hearing and considered an ordinance on the proposed drought contingency plan for City water service areas; amending Chapter 86, Utilities, of the Missouri City Code; amending regulations regarding certain drought contingency plans; and providing a penalty. The ordinance was approved on the second and final reading.
- Held a public hearing and approved an ordinance to accept the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Year 2021 Annual Action Plan.
- Authorized the execution of an amendment to the management agreement between the City and the Missouri City Recreation and Leisure Local Government Corporation for the management of the City’s hotel occupancy tax program.
- Authorized the execution of a contract for parks grounds maintenance to Yellowstone Landscape.
- Authorized the Interim City Manager to sign an award agreement for $7.4 million in American Rescue Plan Act funds.
- Approved a resolution to support the reappointment of Russell C. Jones to the Gulf Coast Water Authority Board of Directors.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all Special and Regular City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and minutes and to watch the video, please visit here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/407/City-Council.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Monday, Aug. 2 at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 1522 Texas Parkway. This in-person meeting is open to the public with COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).