At the Monday, Jan. 3 In-Person Regular Meeting in the Community Center, Councilmembers authorized the purchase of fleet vehicles and allowed the construction activities for median improvements on FM 1092 Road to be done between 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
- Approved the minutes of the special and regular City Council meetings of Dec. 20, 2021.
- Approved an ordinance on the second and final reading to amend Section 18, Board of Adjustment, of Appendix A of the Missouri City Code, entitled, “The City of Missouri City Zoning Ordinance;” amending rules and regulations for the Board of Adjustment’s powers and duties; providing a penalty.
- Authorized the purchase of fleet vehicles.
- Authorized the mayor to execute a letter appointing William Wallace to the Board of Directors of the Fort Bend Subsidence District for a two-year term beginning on Feb. 1, 2022 and ending on Jan. 31, 2024.
- Authorized the purchase of traffic parts and services for the Traffic Operations Division of the Public Works Department.
- Authorized the city manager to allow the performance of construction activities for median improvements on FM 1092 Road from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Approved staff’s recommendation to not grant consent to Fort Bend County Municipal Utility District No. 47 to annex an approximate 17.18 acres of land wholly located within the corporate limits of Missouri City, Texas.
- Approved a resolution approving the submission of a grant application to the Texas Department of Transportation for overtime activities by law enforcement to reduce the incidence of traffic collisions, injuries, and fatalities; agreeing to provide matching funds; and containing other provisions related thereto.
- Approved a resolution approving the submission of a grant application to the Texas Department of Transportation for overtime activities by law enforcement to reduce the incidence of traffic collisions, injuries, and fatalities by commercial motor vehicles; agreeing to provide matching funds; and containing other provisions related thereto.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all Special and Regular City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and minutes and to watch the video, please visit here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/407/City-Council.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 1522 Texas Parkway. This in-person meeting is open to the public with COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).