At the Monday, March 21 In-Person Regular Meeting in the Community Center, Councilmembers recognized the Parks & Recreation Department; Police Captain Paul Poulton; and Black History Month Poetry Contest participants - Briana Means, Kenyatta Sterling, and Kamryn Sterling. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations & Recognitions
- Recognized the Parks & Recreation Department on their Texas Recreation & Park Society (TRAPS) Awards.
- Recognized Police Captain Paul Poulton on his retirement.
- Recognition of the Thurgood Marshall High School Swim Team. This item was pulled from this agenda.
- Recognition of Mr. Lavanta Williams, the Hunters Glen Elementary Principal of the year. This item was pulled from this agenda.
- Recognized Briana Means, Kenyatta Sterling, and Kamryn Sterling for their participation in the Black History Month Poetry Contest.
- Authorized the execution of a contract with TBG Partners in an amount not to exceed $52,000 for the Texas Parkway Beautification project.
- Approved an ordinance on the second and final reading, amending Chapter 10, Animals, of the Missouri City Code of Ordinances; amending the definition of “wild animal;” providing for a penalty.
- Approved an ordinance on the second and final reading, providing for a processing fee for credit card payment of fees, fines, court costs, and other charges.
- Authorized a Memorandum of Understanding between Fort Bend County, the City of Missouri City, and other agencies and municipalities participating in the Fort Bend County Juvenile Justice & Mental Health Collaboration Program.
- Authorized the execution of the Second Amendment to the Sienna Reinvestment Zone Development Plan Agreement by and between the City of Missouri City, Texas; Reinvestment Zone Number Three, City of Missouri City, and the Missouri City Development Authority.
- Authorized the landscape architecture services for future site improvements at Quail Green West Park located at the corner of Scanlin Road and Thomas Taylor Parkway.
- Authorized the purchase of Personal Protective Clothing (Fire Gear) and miscellaneous fire equipment for Fire Station 6 through a cooperative purchasing program in an amount not to exceed $95,000.
- Approved an ordinance on the second and final reading to rezone an approximate 0.82 acres of land from LC-2 local retail district to PD planned development district to allow for LC-2 local retail district uses and tire, battery, and other automobile accessory sales and services uses; and providing for a penalty.
- Authorized the execution of a contract to Gradient Group, LLC in the amount of $70,869.30 for the design of a traffic signal at Lake Olympia Parkway and Fort Bend Toll Road.
- Approved an ordinance on the second and final reading, adopting the 2021-2031 Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Master Plan.
Public Hearings & Related Actions
- Zoning Public Hearings & Ordinances
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against a request to grant a specific use permit authorizing the use of a 3.1-acre tract of land in the City of Missouri City as a specific use: funeral home; providing limitations; restrictions, and conditions on such specific use; amending the zoning district map of the City of Missouri City; providing for an amendment to the Comprehensive Plan; providing a penalty; containing other provisions relating to the subject. The subject site is located on the southeast corner intersection of Highway 6 and Shipmans Cove Boulevard. This ordinance was approved on the first of two readings.
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against a request to grant a specific use permit authorizing the use of a 1.588-acre tract of land in the City of Missouri City as a specific use: development utilities; providing limitations; restrictions, and conditions on such specific use; amending the zoning district map of the City of Missouri City; providing for an amendment to the Comprehensive Plan; providing a penalty; containing other provisions relating to the subject. The subject site is located north of an existing CenterPoint utility easement and facility, south of Adams Street, east of Texas Parkway and west of the Crestmont Place residential neighborhood. This ordinance was approved on the first of two readings.
- Public Hearings & Related Actions
- Held a public hearing regarding the Proposed Redistricting Maps.
- Authorized the request by the Exchange Club of Fort Bend to post child abuse awareness signs along Highway 90-A and Present Street.
- Authorized the City Manager to enter into a contract for the purchase of a tract of land located at the northwest corner of East Hampton Circle and Kathy Street for right-of-way, parks and recreation purposes, and further authorizing the Mayor to sign the deed on behalf of the City, accepting such conveyance.
- Approved an ordinance on the first and only reading to authorize the sale of General Obligation and Refunding Bonds, Series 2022, in the aggregate principal amount not to exceed $20,000,000.
- Approved an ordinance on the first and only reading to amend the Fiscal Year 2022 Adopted Budget.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all Special and Regular City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and minutes and to watch the video, please visit here: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/369/Agendas-Minutes-Videos.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Monday, April 4 at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 1522 Texas Parkway. This in-person meeting is open to the public with COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).