At the Tuesday, July 5 In-Person Regular Meeting in the Community Center, Councilmembers recognized Parks & Recreation Month; recognized the Fort Bend Pastors Association; and presented Clean Restaurant Awards. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations & Recognitions
- Recognized Parks & Recreation Month.
- Recognized the Fort Bend Pastors Association for their dedication and support to the City.
- Presented the Clean Restaurant Awards – July 2022.
Public Hearings & Related Actions
- Zoning Public Hearings & Ordinances
- Approved (6-1) an ordinance on the second and final reading amending Section 4, Definitions, of Appendix A of the Missouri City Code, entitled “The City of Missouri City Zoning Ordinance;” amending the definition of a sexually oriented business; and providing a penalty.
- Appointed (6-1) members to the Ethics Commission.
- Approved (6-0) an ordinance on the first of two readings amending criteria and procedures for the consideration of certain economic development projects within Missouri City.
- Approved (7-0) an ordinance on the first of two readings amending the City’s civil service ordinance relating to the strength of force for certain police officer personnel; promotional pay; and authorized personnel access to departmental personnel files.
- Approved (6-1) an ordinance on the first and final reading amending an ordinance amending the FY 2022 Adopted Budget.
- Authorized (6-1) the Interim City Manager to execute an agreement with Robert Molina granting a non-exclusive license for purpose of grazing rights on a 10-acre undeveloped parcel of parkland located on Hagerson Road.
- Authorized (7-0) the Interim City Manager to approve a purchase order increase for fleet repair services in an amount not to exceed $90,000 per year for the Siddons-Martin Emergency Group, LLC contract expiring through Sept. 30, 2024.
- Authorized (6-1) the Interim City Manager to approve a purchase order increase for fleet repair services in an amount not to exceed $87,500 per year for the Helfman Ford, Inc. contract expiring through Sept. 30, 2025.
- Authorized (7-0) the Interim City Manager to execute a professional services contract for the Cravens Road Corridor Safety Study and Noise Analysis with TranSystems for an amount not to exceed $80,750.
- Authorized (6-0) the Interim City Manager to execute a contract with AW&D Construction & Maintenance for landscape maintenance and irrigation repair services for an amount not to exceed $150,000 per year.
- Approved (5-0) a resolution identifying certain officials within the authority to maintain account with Wells Fargo National Bank Association for the City of Missouri City Nonprofit Trust for the payment of certain employee benefits and containing other provisions relating to the subject.
- Approved (6-0) a resolution authorizing certain City officials to negotiate and execute certain documents for the purpose of making authorized investments and deposits to financial institutions.
- Approved (5-1) a resolution identifying certain officials within authority to open and maintain a city account or accounts with Wells Fargo Bank, National Association; providing for repeal; and containing other provisions relating to the subject.
- Approved (6-1) a resolution to execute an Assignment and Assumption of Tax Abatement agreement between the City and Fabco Properties V, LLC.
Closed Executive Session
- Texas Government Code, Section 551.072—Deliberations concerning the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the governmental body in negotiations with a third person: a tract for a potential facilities or park project.
- Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 – Consultation with attorney to seek or receive legal advice regarding pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the City under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act: (i) Pastor Jeremiah Asomugha (Miracle City Church) v. Missouri City (Harris County Cause Number 202202299 in the 281st District Court of Harris County); (ii) Setback enforcement matter in 0013 D Bright (Stillwell Partition); and (iii) Royger Harris.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and minutes and to watch the video, please visit the new Agenda Portal here: https://missouricitytx.civicweb.net/portal/.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Monday, July 18 at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 1522 Texas Parkway. Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please visit the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).