At the Monday, Aug. 1 In-Person Regular Meeting in the Community Center, Councilmembers recognized Planning & Zoning Commissioner Hugh Brightwell for his 17 years of service on the Commission; and approved the Community Development Block Grant Program Year 2022 Action Plan funding recommendations. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations & Recognitions
- Recognized Planning & Zoning Commissioner Hugh Brightwell for his 17 years of service on the Planning & Zoning Commission.
- Presented the Certified Tax Roll.
- Approved (5-0) the minutes of the special City Council meetings of 4/4/22, 4/12/22, 4/29/22, 4/30/22, 5/10/22, 5/24/22, 6/13/22, and the regular City Council meetings of 4/4/22, 4/18/22, 5/2/22, 6/6/22, and 5/16/22.
- Accepted (4-1) the Quarterly Investment Report for the Quarter ending on June 30, 2022.
Public Hearings & Related Actions
- Zoning Public Hearings and Ordinances
- Held a public hearing on proposed amendments to the City of Missouri City, Texas Zoning Ordinance relating to massage establishments.
- Approved (5-0) an ordinance on the first of two readings amending the City’s Zoning Ordinance regarding massage establishments.
- Public Hearings & Related Actions
- Held a public hearing for the Community Development Block Grant Program Year 2019 Annual Action Plan-CARES Act amendments.
- Approved (5-0) the Community Development Block Grant Program Year 2019 Action Plan-CARES Act amendment.
- Held a public hearing for the Community Development Block Grant Program Year 2022 Annual Action Plan.
- Approved (5-0) the Community Development Block Grant Program Year 2022 Action Plan funding recommendations.
- Approved (5-0) a resolution accepting funds allocated by the Texas General Land Office through the method of distribution for the Regional Mitigation Program as part of the State of Texas Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) action plan, as amended, through the Houston-Galveston Area Council; designating authorized signatories.
Closed Executive Session
- Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 – Consultation with attorney to seek or receive legal advice regarding pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the City under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act: (i) Royger Harris. This item was moved to a future meeting.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and to watch the video, please visit the new Agenda Portal here: https://missouricitytx.civicweb.net/portal/.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Monday, Aug. 15 at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 1522 Texas Parkway. Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please visit the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).