At the Tuesday, Jan. 3 Regular Meeting, Councilmembers received a presentation from Missouri City Green; appointed members to the Planning & Zoning Commission; and amended the Fiscal Year 2023 Adopted Budget. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
- Received a presentation from Missouri City Green.
- Approved (7-0) the minutes of the special and regular City Council meeting of Dec. 19, 2022.
- Authorized (7-0) the Mayor to execute an Automatic Aid Emergency Response Agreement for First Alarm Responses between the City of Missouri City and the City of Stafford.
- Authorized (7-0) the Mayor to execute an Automatic Aid Emergency Response Agreement for First Alarm Responses between the City of Missouri City and the Fort Bend Emergency Service District #7.
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to enter into a contract for Emergency Medical Director Services for the Fire & Rescue Services Department with Dr. Joe A. Anzaldua M.D. for $32,400.00 per year.
- Approved (7-0) an ordinance on the second and final reading amending the regulations contained in PD, Planned Development District #112 (O-21-29) to allow for a lift station as an allowable use; amend the development schedule, phasing plan, and site plan; and to the extent such zoning deviates from the Future Land Use and Character map of the Comprehensive Plan, to provide for an amendment therefrom; providing for repeal; providing a penalty; providing for severability. PD No. 112 is located on the southern frontage of Highway 6, west of Fort Bend Town Center I, and east of the Oakwick Forest Estates residential subdivision.
- Appointed (7-0) members to the Planning and Zoning Commission as follows:
- Jeremy Davis for Position 1, for a term expiring June 30, 2024
- James Davidson for Position 2, for a term expiring June 30, 2024
- Reginald Pearson for Position 3, for a term expiring June 30, 2024
- Daniel Silva for Position 4 for a term expiring June 30, 2024
- Guy Sullaway for Position 7 for an unexpired term expiring June 30, 2023
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to execute contracts to purchase golf carts and utility and beverage carts (via a Lease-Purchase Agreement) for $713,193.08 over 4.5 years.
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to negotiate and execute a contract with the Mustang Machinery Company, LLC d/b/a Mustang Cat to purchase various Heavy Equipment for $209,118.
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to negotiate and execute the purchase of a Water Tanker Tender truck through Siddons Martin Emergency Group, LLC for the Fire & Rescue Services Department for $494,966.
- Approved (7-0) an ordinance on the first and final reading amending the Fiscal Year 2023 Adopted Budget.
- Approved (7-0) a resolution identifying certain officials within authority to open and maintain a city account or accounts with Wells Fargo Bank, National Association; providing for repeal; and containing other provisions relating to the subject.
- Adopted (7-0) a resolution in response to the petition submitted by the Missouri City Police Officers Association requesting recognition as the sole and exclusive bargaining agent for the covered police officers of the Missouri City Police Department for engaging in the meet and confer process.
Closed Executive Session
- Texas Government Code, Section 551.074 - Deliberations concerning the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee: Director of Communications, Director of Development Services, Director of Economic Development, Director of Financial Services, Fire Chief, Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development, Director of Innovation and Technology, Director of Municipal Court, Director of Parks and Recreation, Police Chief, Director of Public Works, City Secretary, and City Attorney. This item was removed from the agenda.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and to watch the video, please visit the new Agenda Portal here: https://missouricitytx.civicweb.net/portal/.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the City Hall Complex, 1522 Texas Parkway. Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please visit the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).