At the Monday, Feb. 6 Regular Meeting, Councilmembers received a presentation from Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP; accepted the Quarterly Investment Report for the quarter that ended on Dec. 31, 2022; and authorized the parkland dedication proposal for Beverlywood Subdivision. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations & Recognitions
- Heard a presentation on the Fiscal Year 2022 collections report from Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP.
- Approved (7-0) the minutes of the Special and Regular City Council meeting of Jan.17, 2023.
- Accepted (7-0) the Quarterly Investment Report for the quarter that ended on Dec. 31, 2022.
- Authorized (7-0) the parkland dedication proposal for Beverlywood Subdivision.
- Ratified previous expenditures and authorized (7-0) the expenditure of up to $25,000 additional dollars per fiscal year for Lewis Brisbois for defensive litigation matter expenditures.
- Authorized (7-0) the expenditure of up to $50,000 additional dollars for Olson & Olson for defensive litigation matter expenditures.
- Postponed (7-0) the appointment of members to the Parks Foundation Position 7, Position 8, Position 9, Position 11, Position 12, Position 13, Position 14, and Position 15 for unexpired terms to expire on June 30, 2024.
- Postponed (7-0) the appointment of a design professional to the Arts and Culture Commission, Position 8 for a term to expire June 30, 2024, and a design professional to the Arts and Culture Commission Position 9 for a term to expire June 30, 2023.
- Postponed (7-0) the appointment of members to the Parks Board Position 1 for an unexpired term to expire on June 30, 2023, Position 5 for an unexpired term to expire on June 30, 2023, Position 10 for an unexpired term to expire on June 30, 2024, and Position 13 for an unexpired term to expire on June 30, 2023.
- Postponed (7-0) the appointment of two representatives to the Joint Airport Zoning Board.
- Approved (7-0) an ordinance on the first of two readings amending Chapter 2, Administration, of the Missouri City Code amending the rules for City Council meetings.
- Approved (7-0) a resolution authorizing the submission of the Criminal Justice Program Grant, FY 2024 through the Office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division to fund the purchase of the Bosch Crash Data Retrieval System.
- Adopted (7-0) a resolution selecting Jeffrey L. Boney to serve as the representative and Mayor Pro Tem Floyd Emery to serve as an alternate to the Houston-Galveston Area Council 2023 General Assembly and to the Houston-Galveston Area Council 2023 Board of Directors.
Closed Executive Session
- Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 – Consultation with attorney to seek or receive legal advice regarding pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the City under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Texas Open Meetings Act: (i) Setback enforcement matter in 0013 D Bright (Stillwell Partition); and (ii) First Colony Municipal Utility District No. 9 water and wastewater potential litigation. No action was taken.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and to watch the video, please visit the new Agenda Portal here: https://missouricitytx.civicweb.net/portal/.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Monday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the City Hall Complex, 1522 Texas Parkway. Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please visit the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).