At the Monday, March 6 Regular Meeting, Councilmembers recognized Dr. Chi Mba on National Dentist’s Day; presented the GFOA Award to the Financial Services team; and authorized an agreement with Phillips 66 for amending the Right of Way Deed at the Freedom Tree Park site. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations & Recognitions
- Recognized Dr. Chi Mba on National Dentist’s Day.
- Presented the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Award to the City of Missouri City Financial Services Department.
- Approved (5-0) the minutes of the Special and Regular City Council meetings of Feb. 15 and Feb. 20.
- Approved (5-0) the submission of the FY2022 annual reports for the Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone No. 1 (Texas Parkway), No. 2 (Vicksburg), and No.3 (Sienna).
- Authorized (5-0) a development agreement between Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone No. 2, the Missouri City Development Authority, and the City for water and wastewater improvements in an amount not to exceed $7,500,000.
- Authorized (5-0) the City Manager to execute a contract with Ardurra Group, Inc. for the Mustang Bayou Wastewater Treatment Plant Rehabilitation and Expansion Project (Phase I) in an amount of $99,500.
- Authorized (5-0) the City Manager to execute a four-year contract with Lange Mechanical Services L.P., for scheduled and predictive maintenance services as well as repair services for a wide range of HVAC systems in an amount not to exceed $800,000.
- Authorized (5-0) the City Manager to execute an amendment to a contract with 717 Construction Services, LLC for pavement lifting services for an additional amount of $150,000 per year.
- Approved (5-0) an ordinance on the second and final reading, approving the fourth amended and restated project plan and reinvestment zone financing plan for City’s Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone No. 2; authorizing the City Secretary to distribute such plan; containing findings and provisions relating to the subject; providing for repeal; and providing for severability.
- Approved (5-0) an ordinance on the second and final reading to zone approximately 2.78 acres of land from R-2, single-family residential district to LC-3, retail district to allow for a medical facility use; to the extent such zoning deviates from the Future Land Use and Character map of the Comprehensive Plan, to provide for an amendment therefrom; providing for repeal; providing a penalty; providing for severability. Subject site is located to the north and east of Highway 6, south of Sugar Creek Baptist Church Missouri City and Fort Bend Community Church, west of Oyster Creek Village at Lake Olympia Section 1 residential subdivision, and north of Oyster Creek Village at Lake Olympia Section 3 residential subdivision.
- Authorized (5-0) the City Manager to execute a contract with Metroclean Commercial Building Services to provide services for park restroom cleaning and trash service in an amount not to exceed $150,000 per year.
Public Hearing & Related Actions
Zoning Public Hearings & Ordinances
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against a request by Keith Weaver on behalf of Yes Prep for a SUP (Specific Use Permit) to allow for the location of a place of assembly, public school; and to the extent such zoning deviates from the Future Land Use and Character map of the Comprehensive Plan; and to provide for an amendment therefrom. The site is to the north and east of Beltway 8, south of the Fondren Park residential neighborhood and west of Missouri City Fire Station No. 2.
- Failed (0-5) an ordinance for a SUP authorizing the use of an 8.22-acre tract of land in Missouri City as a specific use: place of assembly; providing limitations, restrictions, and conditions on such specific use; amending the zoning district map of the City; providing for an amendment to the comprehensive plan; providing for repeal; providing a penalty; providing for severability; and containing other provisions relating to the subject. The site is the same as mentioned in the above public hearing.
- Authorized (5-0) an agreement with Phillips 66 for amending the Right of Way Deed at the Freedom Tree Park site.
- Approved (5-0) an ordinance on the first and final reading approving a cash defeasance of General Obligation Bonds Series 2014 in an amount of $1,055,000.
- Approved (5-0) an ordinance on the first and final reading authorizing the sale of Series 2023 Certificates of Obligation, in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $15,000,000.
- Approved (5-0) an ordinance on the first and final reading authorizing the sale of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2023, in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $20,000,000.
- Approved (5-0) a resolution of the City Council of Missouri City, authorizing the execution of a settlement release form for the resolution of certain claims against certain pharmaceutical companies related to the misuse of opioids in the state; providing for repeal; providing for severability; and making certain findings relating thereto.
- Approved (5-0) a resolution of the City Council of Missouri City, encouraging the passage of legislation relating to boarding home regulation by municipalities and counties; providing for repeal; and making other provisions related to the subject.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and to watch the video, please visit the New Agenda Portal.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Monday, March 20 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the City Hall Complex, 1522 Texas Parkway. Effective April 3, the Regular City Council Meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: Watch MCTX.
For more updates, please visit the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).