At the Monday, April 3 Regular Meeting, council members recognized National Community Development Week & Fair Housing Month; National Child Abuse Awareness Month and Autism Awareness Month. Here is a rundown of all Council actions at the meeting:
Presentations & Recognitions
- Recognized National Community Development Week & Fair Housing Month.
- Recognized National Child Abuse Awareness Month.
- Recognized Autism Awareness Month.
- Approved (7-0) the minutes of the Special and Regular City Council meetings of March 20, 2023.
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to execute a contract with Construction Masters of Houston for renovations at the existing Animal Shelter facilities in the amount not to exceed $159,654.00.
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to execute an amendment to a contract with PB&J Pavement Marking, Inc. for pavement marking services in the additional amount not to exceed $500,000.00 in aggregate over a five-year period.
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to negotiate and execute a construction contract with Reliable Signal & Lighting Solutions, LLC, for the construction and installation of traffic signal upgrades at the intersection of Colonial Lakes at State Highway (SH 6) in an amount not to exceed $532,198.80.
- Authorized (7-0) the City Manager to execute a contract with Intense Fitness by Ifoma for volleyball programs, clinics, and camps in the amount not to exceed $80,000.
- Approved (7-0) an ordinance on the second and final reading amending the Personnel Policy of the City of Missouri City; providing rules related to the use of social media.
- Approved (7-0) an ordinance on the second and final reading amending Chapter 2 of the Missouri City Code; establishing a Neighborhood Services Department.
- Designated (7-0) an Acting City Manager.
Public Hearings & Related Actions
- Zoning Public Hearings & Ordinances
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against a request by Paul Dodd, NewQuest Properties to amend the regulations contained in PD, Planned Development District #111 (O-21-21) to allow for updated sign regulations; and to the extent such zoning deviates from the Future Land Use and Character map of the Comprehensive Plan, to provide for an amendment therefrom. The subject site is located on the northwest corner of Fort Bend Parkway and Highway 6, south of Trammel Fresno Road, and east of Vicksburg Boulevard.
- Approved (7-0) an ordinance on the first of two readings, amending regulations in PD, Planned Development District No. 111; regulating and restricting the development and use of property within such PD, Planned Development District; amending the zoning district map of the City of Missouri City; providing for an amendment to the comprehensive plan; providing for repeal; providing a penalty; providing for severability; and containing other provisions relating to the subject. Subject site is the same as listed above.
- Public Hearings & Related Actions
- Held a public hearing to receive comments for or against a request for a grant application to utilize Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funding thru the Texas General Land Office team and provide for a 30-day comment period.
- Approved (7-0) a resolution supporting eligible projects towards the allocated CDBG-MIT funding in an amount of $5,070,900.
Closed Executive Session
- Texas Government Code, Section 551.074 – Deliberations concerning the appointment or employment of a public officer or employee: the Director of Human Resources & Organizational Development.
- Ratified (7-0) the hiring of Shauna Shepherd as the Director of Human Resources & Organizational Development.
Council Connection serves as a recap for all Regular City Council Meetings. To review details of all City Council Meetings including the agenda packets and to watch the video, please visit the new Agenda Portal here: https://missouricitytx.civicweb.net/portal/.
The next Regular City Council Meeting is on Monday, April 17 at 6:30 p.m. (NEW TIME) in Council Chambers at the City Hall Complex, 1522 Texas Parkway.
Residents who wish to listen to or watch the meeting virtually may access the livestream on the City website via this link: https://www.missouricitytx.gov/780/MCTV.
For more updates, please visit the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store).