Do I need to dedicate land for a public park?

Whenever a final plat for a residential development is filed for recordation, a dedication of land to the city for park purposes is required. A parkland dedication proposal is required to be submitted prior to the submission of a final plat application for a residential subdivision. A parkland dedication proposal is considered by the Parks and Recreation board; followed by the Planning and Zoning Commission; followed by the City Council making the final determination for acceptance. A parkland dedication process can run concurrently with a preliminary plat application however an applicant should discuss such a proposal with city staff prior to submission. For more information on the parkland dedication process, please email the Development Services Department – Planning and Development Division.

Show All Answers

1. I would like to subdivide my property, what is the process for a plat approval?
2. Is my property subject to impact fees?
3. Do I need to dedicate land for a public park?
4. How are new streets named?
5. How can I change the name of an existing street?
6. What is the difference between a plat and a survey?
7. How can I obtain a plat of my lot lines?
8. How can I obtain a copy of my survey?
9. How can I determine the location of my property lines?
10. What are building setbacks? And what are the building setbacks on my property?