How can I change the name of an existing street?

Existing public streets located within the boundaries of the city are generally owned and maintained by the city. The names of public streets may only be changed as initiated by a City Council member or upon petition of 60% or more of property owners owning property along the subject street. Upon initiation or application, the City Council may approve or disapprove a street name in accordance with the city’s adopted existing street name regulations. Street names on private streets may be changed by replat of the subject street. To change the names of streets owned and maintained by other public entities (i.e. - TxDOT, Fort Bend County), a property owner would need to coordinate with the applicable entity for approval.

Show All Answers

1. I would like to subdivide my property, what is the process for a plat approval?
2. Is my property subject to impact fees?
3. Do I need to dedicate land for a public park?
4. How are new streets named?
5. How can I change the name of an existing street?
6. What is the difference between a plat and a survey?
7. How can I obtain a plat of my lot lines?
8. How can I obtain a copy of my survey?
9. How can I determine the location of my property lines?
10. What are building setbacks? And what are the building setbacks on my property?